05 February 2023

skincare routine: winter 2022

Its been quite a while since I posted about my routine, there's actually been some big changes since I finally ran out of Hada Labo products and am stubborn about wanting to buy the premium Shirojyun line with refills. For some reason shipping from Japan to Canada is still exorbitant that most vendors just don't offer shipping at all??

But first, from the last update till maybe a month ago, I was getting near constant hormonal acne from getting a new IUD. Absolutely nothing helped in terms of prevention, but prescription tret was quite effective for treatment. Best of all it's free with my insurance, bless! Would get a lower concentration version to use all over face as anti-aging once I finish my current Cerave one (bought in SD). Also started using TO's azelaic acid since it started being sold in Canada, not sure how much of a contribution it is making, but all the acne scars from the past 6 month are not very noticeable. I can't believe the day has come but...I'm quite happy with how my bare skin looks rn. 

Also been trying some JM masks and they strike a good balance between a fancier mask with a treat-yo-self vibe and price. They stay moist on your face for literal hour and each poach has a ton of extra serum. I especially like the pearl one for traveling since it comes with an essence and cream, simplifies packing by a lot. I don't really know if I need my sheet masks to have any sort of effect, other than calming tho I haven't found a HG calming one yet. 

Another new product I've been trying is TO's lash and brow peptide serum. Almost used up the entire tube now and I do believe it made a difference! I had pretty much no bottom lashes before and now they...exist. I'll take it. Still haven't found a good lash curler, did finally purchase a mini lash curler but cannot maneuver it around my eye (especially left one) for my life. So now I just don't curl my lashes...and I kinda like the look? With Romand's mascara it gives a more 仙 look, which is nice for everyday makeup. 

No comments: