28 January 2023

spin

Time for some more public reflection on experiencing anxiety and panic attacks, hurray more lessons learned. 

I've always been a little stumped thinking about what emotions physically feel like, aside from some obvious ones such as the butterflies in stomach feeling of a crush. But after that week with near constant anxiety, I have good answers now! 
  • tightness in chest
  • headaches
  • numbness in hand/wrist/feet/ankle
  • and surprisingly feeling hungry, but without an accompanying desire to eat
Even more interestingly I thinnnnk I managed to resolve the mental block that keep a positive feedback loop of thoughts churning in my head. Progress can be made at 2am wheeee, or rather therapy is indeed working. It really is as simple as acknowledging I've done my best and whatever happens happens. I still get triggered (easily) but can let go.

Another small victory to celebrate: not knowing how to feel / judge myself, aka I've stopped automatically judging my reactions! 

But that leaves the problem of dealing with the physical sensations welp. I've incurred enough sleep debt that I am passing out real quick this week. 

No comments: