17 November 2020

Bravely Second...second

via danbooru

I've now beat the storyline final boss, whoo! Was too easy with the ghost mage build, this combo is beyond broken. Now to cruise through the 3 post-game dungeons and optional boss. 

I previously complained about not feeling engaged with the story, and I'm happy to say that all the reconciliation of Chapter 5 did give me lots of feels. Perhaps because the theme is quite pertinent to the current times. Chapter 6 was when my Edea x Ringabel ship set sail!! Only to crash and mildly recover, like c'mon why do they not get an explicitly romantic ending mgrgrrr! At least Edea's growth in the story was satisfying. The other theme of having the courage to try again (aka the title) and to default on other's expectations is also welcoming. Of course it's great to finally wrap up the backstory of the first game, gamely how the great plague came to be. In a way this sequel has elements of a prequel to it as well. It's also commendable how many times they breached the 4th wall. Overall I don't get why the development team felt that they didn't do the series justice with this game. 

But the true purpose of every game review post is to display cute drawings of my fav ship:





all via danbooru (1, 2, 3, 4)

No comments: