23 January 2019

fajita

I'm happy with my new apartment...except with the shower hot water. Or rather the lack of hot water. Lukewarm is the most appropriate descriptor, but if I'm being precise, the water temperature is warmer than my finger temperature but cooler than my head temperature...when turned to the max hot position.

It really is unacceptable.
But.

There's two reasons why I wouldn't want this fixed:

  • Saves energy to shower with cooler water (although this argument is null if I'm losing hot water somewhere along the distribution, which atm I have no way of knowing if this is true)
  • Less damaging to my skin & hair
I've been on the fence the past couple of days on whether to further pursue this issue. Already been through one maintenance request, which helped a tiny tad bit: the water is warmer for ~10s after you adjust the temperature setting, then resuming to lukewarm. This suggests that its more likely to be a distribution problem rather than a heating problem, which would tip the argument towards following up. Guess I'll do that.  

No comments: