27 February 2018

jam

Things I've been feeding myself:

saag paneer with quinoa rice

I'm still trying to figure out what's the best way to use frozen spinach. The paneer I bought taste really bland...not surprisingly. I'd make this again for when I feel like making my own cheese, or maybe substitute with tofu or eggs.


I'd worship at the temple of pork shoulder, such a cheap cut of meat is so so delicious. There's pretty much a many braised pork shoulder dishes in every cuisine that eats pork.

One problem is that the smallest pork shoulder sold at Sainsbury juuuuust fits in this pot, so I have no room to stir the sauce which resulted in a thick layer of burnt sludge at the bottom of my pot. The sludge that would've been super soft onion and carrots ;_; Next time I might take out the pork every time I turn it so I can properly stir the sauce. This dish also conveniently used up the small bottle of wine that I bought for sardines but didn't use.

Many glorious bowls pots of pasta to come hnnng

but first I gotta remember to not pour out all the pasta water, a lot is needed to emulsify cheese.

No comments: