05 February 2012

combustion

Interesting concept from theburninghouse:
If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question. 
My answer:


List:
  • Blanket (had this since grade 1 in America)
  • Macbook (photos and Honey & Clover)
  • Watch
  • Keychain (useless to have keys to a burnt down house, but clover keychain!)
  • Clover necklace
  • Gritaly sketchbook (keeping this forever)
  • Past diaries 
  • The God Particle by Leon Lederman (what introduced the joy of physics to me)
  • iPhone
  • Pens: Sakura Micron, Pentel Graph 600, Lamy Safari. 
  • Moleskine notebooks
  • Past sketchbook
  • Correspondents & cards from friends (read through them this afternoon, you guys are the best :])
  • Trevi fountain print 
  • Scarf (thank you Janice!)
  • Stuffed rabbit (had this ever since I can remember)
  • Fossil messenger bag (carried me my stuff through Gritaly and Shad)
Not pictured are my oxfords, those will be on my feet as I escape.

A large amount of sentimentality I decided to bring with me haha.

3 comments:

Gil said...

You'd be leaving your burning apartment with style rather than panic.

Anonymous said...

you'd die in the fire before you assembled everything

Weej said...

Actually that's not true. I actually know the exact location of each item and the majority of them are within a step from where I camp out (aka desk) haha.