12 January 2012

6-3b-a / 7

hurr durr.
To get my mind off the one question that I did not get on my math test, I read a seven page essay on the morality of eating lobster (by David Foster Wallace, familiar name but don't remember exactly what he wrote and didn't bother to google).
All that ran through my mind was English exam stuff, what is the thesis? what is the function of this paragraph? are there any rhetorical devices? "orz

I feel great doing completely irrelevant stuff the rest of the night though ;D

eg. drooling over this gorgeous photo from Nina Ricci's Pre-Fall (via vogue.com)

This would be my outfit once Rui and I have enough money to rent a studio apartment in Paris for a week. I would "live in the Louvre and on macaroons" (and of course other delicacies, hey I'd be getting exercise from all the walking!).

Another getaway would be to the English countryside (especially this hotel). Sigh the places I'll go if I have money (and time, which seems to be mutually exclusive).

Need a good system to manage all my saved links. Currently it's bookmarking to Instapaper, but that doesn't support a lot of metadata. Also not very motivating to manually browse through pages of links. Any suggestions? Preferably in webapp form (debating on evernote, but thinking of something akin /lolenglishclassjoke/ to pintrest but more geared towards links?)

Oh and I want to print a selection of my tumblr likes in business card size (mainly because the image resolution isn't constant). Stuck on a method to display them though @_@ There's probably not enough (or too expensive) to fill up a whole wall. Hmmm.

This rambling post is evident of a day's break I have between my tests (Y).

1 comment:

alex said...

i like the title