14 April 2018

Love in the mask

I made a bad decision of starting a very dramatic manga the day before I left. Sleeping on the bus and plane did make up for it a bit.

I really liked the story until the ending, which was way too deus ex machina for my preference. It'd be better if Hyun Bin stayed within the gang for the full contract period and actually had to kill people, then to reunite with Yun Ha and resolve the challenge of his actions together. This ending is even plausible as if Hyun Bin just accepted Bi Rak's sacrifice. The supporting characters are all sufficiently fleshed out and are just the right amount of annoying in their interference with the main ship, Gah Hyun and Yae Ha are especially well depicted.

...

Edinburgh photos will be up throughout the week as I devote myself to lectures

No comments: