Motivation: a favourite blog's wardrobe lust list
Even though I've titled this post for 2016, I'll be including a "grail" section at the end for things that I've been eyeing forever and will be the end-all of that product. Bonuses will definitely being spent on these.
- Adidas Stan Smiths: replacement white sneakers for my Ecco pair that has a hole worn into it's sole. I'd rebuy the same Ecco pair for it's low profile...except it's been long discontinued. Been a difficult task to find a similarly low profiled sneaker.
- Black jeans: probably rebuying a jcrew pair whenever it becomes on sale, gonna stick with cheap jeans since I wear through them fast enough to be considered disposable.
- Unicorn thick wool pants: so I can wear my Grace boots as office wear.
- Black over the knee boots: only if I can find a really good deal, because I can always suck it up in the cold.
- Forest green coat: Tien said that his friend that works in retail said this will be a popular color this season. Perhaps I can finally find a suitable coat.
- Fancy laces & shoe care: to pamper my footwear. Leather laces / flat waxed laces / Saphir neutral wax / Saphir creme polish in tan
- Back-up glasses and sunglasses: to take advantage of Warby Parker before I leave, via HSA money
- An allowance for minor shopping in Japan and China.
- Jolse / RRS: order for refills, and some new first essence to try (NR, Innisfree, Tosowoong).
- Taiwanese sheet masks: a lot of MBD / Lovemore / My Scheming, a bit of L'herbaflore and Maskingdom if I have time in Taipei. After a year or so of using Korean sheet masks, it's back to Taiwanese ones.
- Japanese sunscreens and eyeliner: to pick up when I'm in Japan. Also Hadalabo refills.
- Cushions: only if Sulwhasoo / Iope / Laneige / Hera comes out with pretty LE cushion cases, but I'm satisfied with my current Innisfree one.
Entertainment / Technology (woah this section is surprisingly populated for how little time I have leftover for it)
- Fuji XF 35mm f2 WR: either whenever B&H starts discounting this, or in Japan.
- Other camera accessories: Slik tripod / rocket blower / lenspen / maybe polarizing & ND filter
- PS Vita via Ryan: whenever I see him next
- Bravely Default: whenever a price drop occurs, hopefully when Bravely Second releases, or even better if it comes in a bundle with Second.
- FE:Fates: only if I can get my hands on LE, else I'll wait a long time until sale/price drop.
- Ni no Kuni 2: I regret not getting LE of the first game, definitely jumping on this.
- FFXV: sigh. just sigh. I've budgeted for this for yeeeeeears.
- PS4: preferably bundled with any of the above games
- Vegetable cleaver: to get in Japan, also sharpening stones. Incidental is learning how to sharpen knives. My kitchen will be fully functionally stocked after this.
- Jetpens order: gotta take advantage of US shipping!
- An allowance for when I get tempted in MUJI.
- Japan: 1x sencha / 1x gyokuro / 1x hojicha / 1x mujicha / maybe a small shiboridashi
- China: yancha / dian hong / a small yixing for yancha if I trust myself to evaluate pots
- Taiwan: if Wisteria has a reasonably priced black tea sampler set
- Online: refill of dongding / if Tea From Vietnam has another black friday sale / maybe some pu-er from Crimson Lotus
- Burberry trench coat: this coat is the epitome of the grail section. Maybe one day I will be making enough money to buy the seasonal coats too.
- Custom-made shirts: because I am picky about the details on my shirt and Everlane discontinued the closest-to-perfect silk blouse I've found.
- Bespoke coat: navy / cashmere / silk lining / double breast / six low contrast horn buttons / exaggerated partially fur lapels / ends right above knee. Similar to this and this.
- St. Crispins 630 model double monk: seriously, no sleeker shoe exists (not a fan of wholecuts)
- Black croc leather bag: or probably a YSL sac de jour in calf with a croc texture. Thinking that this will be my main work bag, for when I get my P.Eng
- Kelly bag: for when I make principle
- Hermes silk scarves: maybe I should alternate between a pair of nice shoes and a silk scarf every year, starting after full time employment of course
- Eames lounge chair: after I buy a house *u*