09 November 2013

sweet shrimp

My list of approved sushi places in Toronto has increased to two. In addition to ND sushi, now there's Solo Sushi Bekkan.

Went there with mom after a brief shopping date, shared a Sushi King Set:
Yummm. Spicy salmon roll at the back, and the tuna nigiri was especially delicious. Definitely going to reorder next time. Their sashimi also looked amazing (the table next to ours had seared white tuna). It is more expensive than most sushi shops (this was $18), but worth it imo. Also a very tiny place, it's likely that you'll have trouble finding a seat.


More on shopping, was sad to find that the Club Monaco coat I had my eyes on totally did not fit me. Also that they stopped carrying the trench coat in stores. Oh wells, to be honest I don't need a new coat.

Banana Republic suits also don't fit me, the blazer has extra fabric around the chest area, pants were horrible and only the skirt was alright. Finding a suit is going to be harder than I thought, maybe I don't need a suit either ah ha...

However, Artizia and H&M stuff do fit me well. Tried on the Ellis pants (damn that looked good AND is comfy, if only it was ~30 cheaper!) and a wool coat (also looked so good, except I really dislike the leather buttons and the green isn't what I'm looking for). Overhead the manager of the store really pressuring the salesperson helping me to make a sale, which I found weird. They were going to full thousand miles, bringing me additional styles, a flurry of compliments etc. Never encountered such pressure before. My theory is because I tried on an expensive item (which also looked good, really like the quilted detailing on the sleeves). 

Moving on, instead I bought a black sheath dress at H&M. My first "grown-up" dress hehe. Now I have something to wear at the WISE conference! (Side note, skirt suits look so so so much better than pant suits 99% of the time). Also found a pair of slim dress pants, though unfortunately they were out of my size. That could have been the alternative to the aforementioned Ellis pants, sob.

...
...
...

Forgot to post this before, but Yummy Korean BBQ has really awesome rice cakes (bottom pic):
The egg battered zucchini is great as well, makes me miss pool party & bbq at April's house.

No comments: