14 September 2011

slumber

I vaguely remember setting a goal to sleep more years ago. Guess what, I've finally gotten around to it! ;D It took a painful combination of shad sleep deprivation, grueling internship hours, and the fact that Jason sleeps so darn early.

Well kind of. I kick myself off the computer earlier enough to be able to turn off the lights before 11:00pm (note the sig figs). However I usually squeeze my daily reading time in there and end up sleeping at 11:30pm, which is still half an hour earlier. Nice.

Two good things come out from this habit change.
Firstly, despite waking up still being equally painful, at least I stay awake once I do wake up. No more dozing off in class! This is partially helped by having a highly energetic physics teacher in the morning.
Secondly, more reading done! This, like almost every other thought in this entry, comes with an exception. The Hamlet study guides that I borrowed before summer even ended have yet to be opened. Going through other books though! Currently have a biography on Richard Feynman and one in which Stephan Hawking and Roger Penrose argues about the nature of space-time. Appropriate as I wrote on my physics introduction assignment that I hope this course helps me understand popular science better.

Also appropriate is this awesome math doodle video that Ryan showed me:


No comments: