22 June 2010

tenth grade

I'm half way through high school, uh oh.

I remember back in Cummer, I reeeally wanted to graduate, get school over with, get working...guess just grow up in general. Now I want to stay a kiddddd (still am, phew).

So what have I learned this year? Hopefully the list will be long.
  • English class: despite all the Michael Jackson-ness, I actually learned how to write a proper essay! Saw a great improvement (I hope...) in the structure of my writing (all those long answers for the exams...@_@). Intro paragraphs are a lot easier now, general statement->relate->preview->thesis, yeah!
  • People relations: messy messy. Staying out/avoiding the situation works well temporarily, but causes problems in the long run. I will make a conscious effort to not go the easy way out next time. (for people reading this: everything is fine, my writing just seems to exaggerate things.)
  • Friends: they're nice people, I should be nicer to them (I hear janice cheering in the background). Actually, I should be nicer in general. KARMA!
  • Clubs: Tried a bunch out, was decent-y fun. Waaaay too many bake sales, thank god Alex was there to wash dishes. Motivation to participate in clubs burned out half way through, so gotta prioritize next year.
  • Junior Achievement: the key to high sales is to be annoying. I will find a better strategy next year.
  • Volunteering: Quality over quantity. I need to choose 1/2 organizations and stick with them for a loooong time. Gotta work on building good relationships for future reference :] Was alright volunteering at the OSC, takes a lot more commitment than I imagined. Would be a lot easier to bear if the commute isn't that long ._. Habitat should be fun (ryan/nick?)
  • Procrastination = no.
fun times :]

No comments: