21 March 2010

brunch: kroket (potato pancake)

Would kroket be pronounced the same as qorquet? o_o


Korket with walnut and peanut puree congee.


Close up of the korket. It has a ground pork and onion filling.

Recipe based on nibbledish.com

Let's say that this dish is still at it's experimental stage.
I was lazy and decided to eyeball everything, resulting in the potato mixture being too soft. Had a really hard time molding and flipping it. As with pancakes, I failed at flipping and the one in the photo (out of 5) was the only that retained it's shape.
Taste wise, too salty on it's own, but perfect when eaten in the same bite with some congee *u*

...crap I forgot to put in the cilantro! I actually realized this just as I am typing the post up.

March break wrap-up coming later today, go double posting!

No comments: