12 February 2010

Ares

This manhwa is epic.


(baroona, ares, michael)

baka-updates' description
the story takes place in an era similar to that of ancient Rome in a country called Cronos. It follows a group known as the Temple Mercenaries. In particular, the manhwa is about Ares, Michael and Baroona, three young warriors with mysterious pasts and surpassing skills...

The manhwa is notable for its subtle use of anachronistic elements (Ares' shoes are similar to that of classic Adidas), as well as very dynamic and fluid action sequences.

I find it hard to express how good this is, but it's good enough that I didn't mind losing a few marks on a business test for; and I love my marks.

Reading this made me discover how I actually prefer this genre (good action&drama) much more over good romance&drama. The art is superb too, very fluid fight scenes. The style initially reminded me of TWEWY. Awesome character development, all (of the main ones) have interesting history. Unlike a lot of series, I failed to find a single character to hate, although the antagonist (in the later parts) does some pretty shitty things. The plot is a typical "hero journey", but with a twist...
my thoughts aren't flowing well. Point is this manga is good stuff.

I shall go pray to the gods of scanlators that vl 22-7 gets released soon.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

it ain't manga, it's MANHWA