07 September 2016

Before Sunrise

Timing really is everything, and today was the perfect timing to finally watch Before Sunrise...which Rui recommended like years ago?


So much feels at this line:
I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt. 

and really liked these couple of lines of the poem:
You have no idea where I came from
We have no idea where we're going
Lodged in life
Like branches in a river
Flowing downstream
Caught in the current
I carry you
You'll carry me
That's how it could be
Don't you know me?
Don't you know me by now? 

The opening and closing scenes are perfect, the ending song was perfect, but let's save that for another day when I'm buried in schoolwork. Meanwhile, I'm listening to it on repeat and desperately trying to imprint how I'm currently feeling to the song so I can hopefully recall it later with enough vividness.

No comments: