16 February 2016

and it's done

Quite possibly my favourite song from the album, so damn catchy & that Icarus reference hnnng.
Since there's no official audio on youtube, have the lyrics instead

I know it’s over before she says / I know the falls that the water face
I know it’s over an ocean awaits / for a storm
The sun on snow, rivers in rain / Crystal ball can foresee a change
And I know it’s over, a parting of ways / And it’s done

But didn’t we have fun? / Don’t say it was all a waste
Didn’t we have fun
From the top of the world / The top of the waves
We said forever, forever always
We could have been lost / We would have been saved
Now we’re stopping the world / stopping its spin
but come on don’t give up don’t say we give in
Don’t say it’s over / Don’t say we’re done
Ah didn’t we have fun?

I know it’s over before she says / ‘Know someone else has taken your place’
‘I know it’s over’ / Icarus says to the sun
The Sword sinks in / Lightning strikes
And two force, two forces collide
And fight til it’s over / Fight til it’s done

But didn’t we have fun? / Don’t say it was all a waste
Didn’t we have fun?
From the top of the world / The top of the waves
We said forever, forever always
We could have been lost,  / We would have been saved
Now we’re stopping the world / Stopping in its tracks but
Nothing’s too broken to find a way back
So before it’s over / Before you run
Ah ah Didn’t we have fun?

Cause you and me we were always meant to / Always meant to be
We were always meant to always meant to
You and me we were always meant to / Always meant to be

oh oh didn’t we have fun?
But then / Maybe we could again

No comments: