01 March 2014

spring/summer 14

I have more fun planning what to buy (and inevitably spending too much time on ffa) than actually making the purchase haha.

Here's the updates from previous list (winter 13):
  • Gap legging cords / trousers: bought and bought (trousers as in Uniqlo ponte pants, which are amazing and eliminated the need for me to ever consider buying sweatpants again *shudder*). Plus an extra corduroy pant from J.Crew in maroon, first non-neutral pair of pants. This also means that I have more than enough pairs of pants and shall not buy anything else (unless it's legit work trousers, but yet to find a flattering pair).
  • Uniqlo ocbd: tried on and didn't fit too well. All of my shirts billow at the back too much, guess it's to the tailors.
  • Frye Jillian oxfords: skipped as I got a pair of loafers and there's a lot of shoes I need replacement for in s/s.
  • Talula shrunken exeter blazer: on hold for now. Black blazer is still needed, just not urgently (even though it would be nice to have for club interview tomorrow...).
Overall I feel I have a pretty complete closet in terms of f/w clothes. Need to replace my thicker grey cardigan, but that's not going to be on the horizon for half a year, also thinking of splurging on one so need corresponding research. In other news, I did buy a backup of my thinner grey cardigan from Uniqlo. Its such a staple item and do not want to go through the pains of finding a replacement.

Onto s/s.

Pretty determined to buy:
  • Sam Edelman Trina sandals.  A blogger I follow swears by it, so I have high hopes. Really like the simple aesthetics but also the slight golden heel. Also need to replace my wedges so hopefully Nordstorms open up in Eaton by this summer.
  • Pleated skirt in a lightweight fabric in a somewhat pastel colour (probably lavender). This is also to replace a current skirt I own (but is of taobao quality). Going to be a pain to find, I'm so picky :( 
  • Short length, zipped jacket that can also be layered under a thicker coat for winter. Probably in a biker style. The search has been pretty futile since most biker styled jackets have too much hardware. Currently looking at a bunch of options from Aritzia (maybe this?), leaning towards white because it makes the hardware less visible, but white outwear is problematic outside of summer months (or is it?). Also I may have to come to terms that I don't look good in a biker style jacket.
  • An opaque white tank that drapes nicely. So hard to find opaque white tops, having same problem with silk blouses :( Might settle for the Everlane Ryan tank since I'm enjoying the tee.
Would like to buy depending on cash flow:
  • IOU madras shorts. Such a summer-y fabric & pattern and also replacing my current pair of teal shorts. I remember a time in highschool, probably grade 9 or 10 when absolutely everyone wore plaid shorts during the summer. This is going to be a better version of that. The company also has a cool concept that tracks the item through its stages of manufacturing so I would like to support that.
  • Scarf from Kiriko. Also a company with a cool concept (reusing vintage Japanese fabrics) that I found via Kinfolk. I have an abundance of scarfs, but one more lightweight one can't hurt ah ha... In my defense most of my current scarfs are heavy winter ones. Etsy isn't helping with beautiful linen and cotton-silk blend ones. 
  • Flats (perhaps from Golden Ponies, or d'orsay ones). Even though I currently think loafers are the best type of shoes ever, a pair of nude flats is also really versatile. This is also to replace my years-old, falling apart H&M pair (which now serves more as slippers). 
  • Weekender bag or a similar sized travel bag (like the GR1). There's a lot of fancy options out there, but the weight of leather offsets any aesthetic perks, so probably sticking with heavy-duty canvas. Likely to pick up the Everlane weekender if nothing better pops up (looks nice and relatively cheap).
Toying with the idea of acquiring:
  • Moccasins.They're like loafers hehe, plus it could work out for survey camp? Though I ought to get rainboots for that.
  • Espadrilles, yay more summer shoes. 
  • A shirt dress, or just more summer dresses.
  • Millions of things for the kitchen (madoline, ice cream maker, better quality ingredients, and spring tea!).

No comments: