25 August 2013

ketchup

I was going to title this catch up, but realized that sounds similar to ketchup ah ha.

Yeah so past few days without internet wasn't as bad I expected, mainly because there were more errands to run than expected. Was making one shopping trip after another the day Jeff arrived, plus cleaning through the impossibly thick layer of grease on various kitchen surfaces that landlord has left behind.

But all in all had some good food despite the crappy condition of the kitchen.

Homecooked meals: pasta with meat sauce and make-shift sandwich with kale.
Guys, you haven't had a good tomato sauce pasta until you've had one with fresh basil (hurray perks of job). It makes such a big difference. I will never underestimate the power of herbs and spices ever again.
Also kale is delicious, I actually find it to taste sweet, but that may be the extra onions that I added.

Also finally went to Banh Mi Boys after reading about them on BlogTO eons ago. 

Interesting flavour combinations, did not know that pulled pork with kimchi is good. Also fairly cheap, taco is under $5 which makes it a viable weekday meal option.

Lastly fancy meal of the week was early birthday dinner with Alex. We've been friends for a long time haha. Got a shafted seat at Mercatto (because of our age says Alex) but was still a good meal :)


And to conclude the update on food, here's rather scrumptious looking bean with flattering lighting:


Yeah I'm liking my job :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to taste your pasta w/ basil dish ;D

Gil said...

What's your job?