07 March 2012

(V)

Back from UT civ eng applicant dinner, got unofficially accepted whoo! ;D


Was so happy for a while, then panic from English test settled in. Off to analyze quotations.
After that test I'll be freeeeee, and this entry will then contain a lot more sustenance.

English was baaad.Ugh I prepared a lot of material on existentialism as 7/10 of my quotations were pertaining to that. But nooooo, Mr. A had to choose the completely nonexistential one "orz Did absolutely terrible relating that to the theme of the novel. Plus there wasn't enough time to edit my work, so spelling/grammar mistakes galore! e_e

But you know what, it's over with. My march break can start! Many events to look forward to :]
(see, I'm better at being an optimist now)


Moving on, these two photos were from a visit to UT last week.
I was really interested in the research of Dr. Bass, from science expo, and asked if I could visit his office and learn more about the projects that he was working on. Fortunately he agreed and down I went.


The awesomeness of the alligator and paper kyuubey is overwhelming. Think I embarrassed myself a little when I walked into the office. "omg kyuubey!! [turns around] omg alligator!"



Visited UT again yesterday for the civil engineering applicant's dinner. Was a good event, (would've been better without English nagging me -o-")

Hart house has gooooood food.
Another strong point of the evening was the short and sweet speeches. I was very impressed when an alumnus, now a senior manager at the world bank, flew in from London in the morning to deliver a short address. The chair of mineral engineering also gave a hilarious speech: "I had a gathering with thirteen thousand of my closest friends this weekend [pause] at the Prospectors & Developers Association convention." I was completely unaware that Toronto is apparently the mining capital of the world, learn something new everyday eh?

In even better news, I am unofficially accepted to civil engineering ;D Got a card that said the official acceptance will arrive on the 23rd. time y u no flow faster! Actually it's fine, I'll enjoy my glorious week of break *u*

1 comment:

Gil said...

CONGRATULATIONS