19 July 2010

brunch: bean stir fry in a tortilla


I can't call it a burrito cause it's....it's not mexican at all o_o

Loosely based on Simple Dollar's Breakfast Burrito, here's how I made it (serves 2+leftovers for lunch):
Chop&sautee an medium onion with some oil until your prefered level of doneness (mine was caramalized). While the onion is cooking, prep the tomato and other veggies, anything works here. I've used green pepper and celery. Just make sure to chop them up in equal sized pieces. When the onions are done, add garlic(chopped), the tomatoes and the beans. A note about the beans, if they're canned, drain them; if they're dried...soak them AT LEAST overnight and boil them for AT LEAST an hour (I learned this the hard way). Cook for a while (sorry no better estimates here) and add the remaining veggies. While that cooks, beat 2 eggs (one per person served) with some salt. When the veggies are ALMOST done, add in the eggs and stir frequently to bind everything together. Season with whatever you want, I used chili powder, soy sauce, some more salt, and lots and lots of black pepper. Finally, serve on a tortilla and bed of baby spinach (or any other veggies that can be eaten raw).

Also made some Blueberry and Peach Clobber. (I loveee smitten kitchen, the photos are gorgeous and the blog is so pretty *u*)
No photos cause I ate it too fast "orz It was a coincidence that I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand :]

Lastly, last week's

We had guests over so I tried to be fancy ._.

3 comments:

Rice Palette said...

Hi Weijie! Cool, a fellow Canadian blogger! Just stopped by as I was searching for some recipes, and came across this, and it looks delicious!!!

Gil said...

Hahaha. Fried egg? And what's that thing on top of the green stuff? Looks like butter.. or cheese.. or an eraser...

Weej said...

IT'S AN ERASER. no it's cheese ._. t'was quite rubbery though.