15 June 2019

gust

I'm way overdue for a June monthly review but did (and does) not feel like writing about anything until I came across Style Bee's latest post on maintaining her personal style. It's perfectly timed with the summer sales that are going on everywhere.

To begin, I'm currently on track for my goal of 10 or less new additions to my wardrobe, so far this year I've bought:
  1. Wilfred wool trousers
  2. Ance Jensen boots
  3. Tevas sandals
  4. Everlane sandals
  5. Leopard print scarf on taobao
I've been eying tons of dresses, because warm weather and seeing proposal photos of people I know, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything. There's a lot of reasons why I haven't bought anything, namely it's still a want at this point (no wedding invites yet), competing hobbies to spend money on, and analysis paralysis of so many choices. I honestly have really strict criteria for dresses, chiefly that it's gotta be work and casual appropriate, but still find enough that catches my eye. Although I'm the most tempted by Everlane's silk tank dress (my image of it flowing in the wind is perfect), which fits neither work or wedding guest ðŸ˜‚

But to bring the topic back to Style Bee's post and reflecting, the Everlane dress does fit the description of my style that I've previously came up with: simple & luxurious. Perhaps that's why I'm closer to pulling the trigger on this one versus many of the other options. My personal style has stayed remarkably consistent since...undergrad I'd say? That is not to say that I don't have the desire to incorporate other styles, namely ultra feminine / mori-kei / "hoe but make it fashion" (the Everlane dress would show off my pretty bralettes). But typically  the low expected cost-per-wear stops me from making the purchase.

Another tangent regarding the silk dress is that I've realized that if I own more silk items, then they warrant their own load of laundry and I can just machine wash all of them! Although I don't dislike hand washing, it is not as enjoyable as shoe polishing, and would rather offload to the machines.

But alas if it takes me an entire blog post to decide whether I want the dress, then the answer is clearly no.

No comments: