07 January 2019

resolutions 2019 addendum

Absent from my "formal" resolutions are goals related to by hobbies. I didn't formalize these as much, since they tend to be more enjoyable and I feel it'd be detrimental to have a super formal system in all areas of my life.

Clothing:
  1. Low-buy: 10 new items in 2019, excluding jewelry as its a part of my closet that I'm trying to build up
  2. No fast fashion: attempt #2 at this, the key will be to just not browse their sites & stores
  3. Accurately record wear count: this is crucial data for assessing my purchasing strategy, closet performance and changes in preferences.

Photography:
Nothing concrete aside from wanting to buy a tripod and L-bracket so I can easily take outfit photos XD I've also been more lazy and haven't been bringing out my camera as much, not sure if I want to do anything about this, since I am still documenting with my phone. 


Tea: 
  1. Set up pumidor and track interior conditions: it did not occur to me that coolers would not be on sale during winter. So will have to wait until I'm back to set this up. 
  2. No more buying pu-er for stashing: I absolutely do not expect my home storage to beat out vendor storage, so until that changes, I will only buy for drink-now pu-er.
  3. Two order in 2019: one will be some oolongs from Floating Leaves, the other will probably be from YS during their black friday. 
  4. Post what I drink more frequently: just a pretty photo and some thoughts, nothing like a review. The point is moreso a journal. 

Food:
  1. Ferment food: been putting off kimchi making for years, but let's try again! Also want my vat of sichuan pickles too. Will also finally buy a book on this subject (Sandor's? or maybe Noma?)
  2. Opera cake: and other time consuming pastries. Perhaps on a schedule of a project per two month. Undecided on whether to buy a stand mixer.
  3. Help out with garden at home: every other weekend?
  4. Go to the farmer's market before grocery stores: put my money where my thoughts are to support local agriculture and end up with fresher produce

No comments: