03 January 2019

lardon

Things I made in winter break part 1:



Cabbage & mushroom lasagna via Smitten Kitchen: a very hearty dish perfect for wintertime. Full of veggie so it's not total guilty inducing too.




炸酱面 via Amanda. I couldn't get the oil / water separation, but my sauce turned very glossy so I assume the intended effect was achieved. Overall I think it taste good, but I've literally had chinese style 炸酱面 once (in a restaurant beside the great wall, so I have doubts on how good that bowl was) so I have no clue if the taste is on point. The sauce is pretty time consuming to make, so definitely worth making a double portion to keep in the bridge, its very salty so will likely last a long time. Also I think it's worth chopping up pork belly rather than using ground meat, the crisp chunks of meat provide a very satisfying mouth feel.

No comments: