10 July 2018

lily

It's finally not 25˚C+ today...hopefully the "heat wave" is over.

I've been convinced that overheating is a legit issue here, summer without air conditioning is hard. This is a stark contrast to my most vivid memory of going on a day trip to visit Torquay back in first year summer when I was in Exeter. It was so cold, rainy, and windy on that day that I was shivering while wearing 3 layers of clothing. It was slightly traumatic and probably the cause of why I packed pretty much no summer clothing this time. Of course fate is cruel and I've bought several new items of summer clothing grudgingly. Shopping is really the worst when I know I have the functional equivalent of what I've just spent money on back in Canada "orz

...

All that preamble is really leading up to today's grudgingly purchased pack of cushion puffs for 8.77GBP because

  • It didn't even occur to me that a cushion puff can breakdown...plastic is suppose to last!
  • Innisfree refills don't come with a puff 
  • But I do have refill puffs back home "orz and those were so much cheaper
  • For all the asian students in Bath, and the popularity of asian beauty products recently, there's no store that I can go to buy it in person...
  • ...and uk amazon has little options for puffs with prime shipping, which is a requirement because...
  • ...and I vastly prefer not to be bared skinned when I head out, although my PIH/PIE have faded very significantly since high school days (woah its been a long time), cushions are magic at improving the appearance of skin texture that it was worth the money.
In case it's not painfully obvious already, I'm much more emotionally affected by small purchases 



No comments: