11 June 2018

condensate

Quite an old backlog of food photos:

chicken tagine with greens

Turns out I love the taste of preserved lemon along with black olives. Thinking of making a fish version of this next time.


 Puglian mashed chickpea wth rosemary and black olives via The Art of the Larder

Finally finished off the last of the chickpea that I have with this dish. I am slowly but surely whittling down my pantry. My lesson learned for all legume dishes is to very heavily season the cooking water. The black olives and chilli oil also adds to the tastiness.


no-bake cheesecake with strawberry rhubarb compote 

I did consult Stella's no-bake cheesecake recipe but very grossly eyeballed the ingredients. Turns out there is a lot of leeway in the filling proportions. I'm still not certain if what is called "soft cheese" in the UK is the exact same as cream cheese. They're pretty much the same, but I think cream cheese is firmer than soft cheese as the latter is quite spreadable straight out of the fridge. Soft cheese was used here, so the filling was soft and probably can't stand up to being sliced.

No comments: