17 May 2018

curl

It was not a good idea to choose all oily food for this week's meals. I'm craving clear soup so much rn.


Chestnut style omelettes with a side of potatoes. 

I've only succeeded once at folding it without breaking the sheet of egg, but it is 32cm in diameter and pretty thin (only 3 eggs) so I'm okay with this level of performance.

...



Grilled cheese(s) for dinner: gruyere with caramelized onions and a side of miso green beans on top, goat cheese with spinach and artichoke and a side of moroccan carrots on bottom. Both on Bertinet sourdough tin loaf.

Yes this is really an excuse to buy Bertinet bread (look at that blistered crust! swoon!!) and cheese, both ingredients which make for quite an expensive cost per meal. Actually I lied, the primary motivation is actually to use up mayo. I'm already thinking of how to clean out my pantry. But to think in ~4 month I'll no longer have convenient access to a good bakery, the horror... Although I will have my dutch oven again and a copy of Flour Water Salt Yeast waiting for my return.

Photography side note: while it's nice that sunset is past 9pm so there's enough daylight to actually take photos of my dinner, Fuji's auto balance is a definite weak point so I'm left to struggle to balance different color temperatures. I'm definitely buying at least one color adjustable LED light for my home.

...


A pretty photo of carrots in a new falcon enamelware pie plate that I bought. I told myself that I'll make icebox desserts / trifles in it, but the temperature keeps dipping back to the 10s. My north facing room is also perpetually cold.

No comments: