18 April 2018

Highlands

We were blessed with a sunny day up in the highlands, which is amazing but also means I gotta bracket every shot.

Haven't taken out my 12mm for a while, but this lens plus velvia is made for landscapes.

Callander

 Glencoe / Loch Ness

 The direction of sunlight when we arrived at Glencoe was quite undesirable. It's such a grand scene.

 Fort Augustus / Callander

This photo of the tree is my favourite of the whole trip. Same composition / subject as this photo from Yunnan.

Looking towards Ben Nevis

I love the texture from the grasses (or are they lichens? am I even using the right terms? guess this is the consequence of never taking bio) in the highlands, it's better than the mountains, better than the lakes. Bonus that they're super cushiony to walk on. I've really enjoyed looking at moss after visiting Kyoto, which has now grown to a general fondness for texture of plants.

No comments: