01 April 2018

coat

First salad meals of 2018! I have so many salad recipes saved that it warrants its own folder in Instapaper. Although it's still a little chilly to eat room temperature food, but I am looking forward to mild English summers.


I only have a tiny mortar and pestle instead of a food processor, so my skhug was moreso ground garlic and chilli with spices, and then just added some leftover herbs from other recipes in along with other ingredients. Lucky that cauliflowers sold here comes with a lot of the greens, its a self contained salad haha.

...


Brussel sprouts are kinda like pasta: there exists a perfect al dente texture past which is no good.

...


This is my favourite out of the three, very easy to assemble if the beets are bought pre-cooked. It's surprisingly that there's not much of a price difference between buying raw beets loose and pre-cooked packaged beets. Although radicchio is pricy and the amount of herbs make this salad not super cost effective. Oh wells, it is tasty so I'll probably make it again. A good trick from this recipe is to mix salty cheese (feta in this case) into yoghurt to make an easy creamy dressing.

...

Bonus stuffed pepper, which is actually really easy to make now that I'm familiar with the recipe (previous iteration).

No comments: