09 January 2018

frame

In the duality of being either a shoe or bag person, I fall firmly on the shoe side. But a couple of days ago I got sidetracked helping Jeff find a work bag that I ended up browsing bags for an entire afternoon. In the process I discovered that I'm a huge sucker for a type of novelty bags (namely the panda one, but a lemon one too).

But first admire this with me:

the most perfect bag I've ever set my eyes on

I surprised myself by liking this more than the Kelly, which was my previous moonshot bag. This really isn't much cheaper but at least it's easier to purchase? Not that I actually envision spending that much on a bag, when would there ever be a time when sufficient disposable income intersect with having the occasion to wear it to?

Actually I'm not surprised. This bag fulfills the 3 characteristics that I love for bags: structured, croc, and generally black for practicality but dark green otherwise. Other bags that I'd like to have:


Lotuff / Mulberry / Satin Laurent

My plan is to get the Mulberry bag as a work bag, but the heritage black croc is no longer on their website which worries me. Although the Sac de Jour is my end game work bag. The other two, while not astronomical in price, fall under the "someday" category that will probably never happen. I'm currently incapable of picturing much of life outside of go to work and staying home. Sure I'll go socialize with friends over dinner, but the frequency of these events hardly justify thousands spent on a bag. There's so many other expenses to invest for, mortgages, emergency funds, child care expense, retirement... I'm feeling pessimistic from this article on Millennials. Although buying luxury bags don't fall that much below traveling on my priorities. I'm happy being materialistic as long as that doesn't tread into consumerism.

One more item on my shopping list:
 

I saw a similarly coloured mini bow bag from Cuyana (ugh I want their coin case purely because I can monogram a clover on it) and developed a huge crush for a red special occasions bag. I've been looking out for a "permanent" item for this use case and couldn't come up with a good mental image. Initially I was set on some sort of a rigid box clutch, but didn't see many appealing options. I also had no clue what color would be the most versatile. Black is...safe, which isn't what I wanted for special occasions, but going either silver or gold would restrict jewelry choices. Upon finding the bow bag, it clicked that red is actually perfect since I can always match it to a red lip. Duh. This bag is also roomier than most clutches, so I can actually fit a camera in there.

...

Despite ogling over the new shiny bags, I'm super happy with my Court Bag that's been on every trip with me and held m(y stuff) together for PEY. The cost per wear of it is most definitely under $1, maybe about 50 cents? It's aging well too, some permanent scruff along the edges but the face of the bag is like new. I recently conditioned every surface, but it wasn't really necessary. Although everyone (on ffa) say how much the quality has declined from whenever qualifies as vintage coach, I think the construction of my 2014 version is quite good.
SaveSave

No comments: