05 November 2017

roots

Daylight >> fighting with artificial lighting, I do wish my window sill is just a tad bit wider so I can avoid the frame.


The status of lentils in /r/cheaphealthyeats is like how CDBs were circle jerked in /r/MFA back when I first discovered the subreddit. This is by no means an insult because I am / was completely in agreement.

Lentils via Matters of the Belly (I love how her recipes include warming spices, the cinnamon here is very tasty), peas via thekitchn.
The pairing with beets and radish is neutral, I usually eat the beets at the beginning since I love their earthy sweetness, why have I not been eating them, smh. Radish...is something I'm still getting use to, because I want to feel chic by smearing some outrageous butter on a lengthwise halved radish and sprinkling some flakey sea salt from a Brittany village on top (one day I'll visit Brittany, one day!).

No comments: