08 November 2017

grill

Next in the soup series: zuppa toscana via Budget Bytes

with Bertinet Bakery baguette, which is not that much more expensive than grocery store bread 

This soup taught me to love cream soup and appreciate smoked paprika, so much so that I added another pinch near the end. Other modifications I've made include adding thyme and rosemary since my sausages aren't Italian, using sweet cabbage because that was literally the only non-lettuce greens that my local co-op sold (ugh their produce section is so disappointing), and using half water half whole milk. I should've reserved the whole milk until the end and just add it to warm up, I foolishly added it at the beginning so it curdled while the soup simmered for a long time so the beans can soften. I'm also disappointed in these dried beans from Sainsbury, they never even approach a creamy texture. But despite all that, a yummy and comforting soup.

No comments: