25 October 2017

season

I feel quite wise that I brought a good portion of my herbs and spices over. Alas I didn't bring enough and had to resort to buying more. It sounds like a complaint, but food shopping is my favourite kind of shopping hue hue. My latest haul is from Spice Mountain, but Penzey's remains my favourite since they come in glass jars instead of plastic.

Current state of my herbs and spices:

Aside from the inexcusable lack of sichuan peppers, this covers most dishes that I make, which currently consists mostly of soups and curries. I got an extra large bag of black pepper so I have no fear of running out. Tellicherry black pepper is also how I vet spice stores, although the local Toronto spice shop didn't specify which type they carried but those unnamed peppers turned out fine.

No comments: