13 September 2017

transcribe

Another day of cooking and prepping to leave. It's quite bothersome that information about the arrival / orientation week process is scattered over multiple sources, especially the split between faculty & department events and student organized activities. Also missing how awesome Skule's frosh handbook is.

Onto food:
Ugly looking but very tasty rosemary shortbread cookies:


Before taking a bite, I thought these were the least successful item I've baked. The dough was incredibly dry (be skeptical, I have a sample size of exactly this one shortbread) and would not hold its shape. I deviated from instructions to roll it into a log -> freeze -> slice, but the frozen dough just crumbled as I sliced it, so I ended up needing to smosh the crumbs together. Not sure how I can improve this next time...add a tiny bit of water? Will try other recipes to see if this dough is actually an outlier.

...

Pesto pizza rolls:


Stretching a pizza dough is hard, but these are forgiving of uneven thickness.


But the results are super fluffy rolls *u*
I was also momentarily confused as to where the cheese within the rolls went, but I think they melted and was absorbed by the dough? Is that how it works..?
...

Bonus birthday noodles that I forgot to post:



No comments: