26 February 2017

broth

A couple of my skincare items ran out around this week so here's some thoughts on that.

I get the importance of scent, texture, packaging (well packaging I always knew) in beauty products now. When I first got into Asian beauty products through /r/asianbeauty, I was solely focused on a product's effectiveness. I'd scroll past everything until the performance review while browsing through the reddit reviews and the 20+ blogs that subscribed to. But after going through quite a bit of the generally agreed upon HG products and having a fairly intensive daily routine, the small annoyances of bad packaging, way too strong scent and drying time (!!!) really adds up. There's also the always present caveat of YMMV that erodes the utility of reading about effectiveness.

A list of complaints from the top of my head:

  • Mizon 8% AHA: fantastic bottle design, but terrible sticky feeling when applying subsequent layers even after a long wait time. If only the Dr. Wu AHA is more accessible and less expensive. 
  • Scinic Snail AIO: just opened this after finishing the CosRx snail ampoule, and ugh the scent is just way too strong. The scent is also a vaguely unpleasant generic floral perfume. I have little loyalty when it comes to snail products but I do miss Benton's serum. 
  • OST20 Vitamin C: also just started using again, not looking forward to the stickiness as well. It was fairly effective from what I recall. Too bad Canada lacks easy access to the cheaper Vit C E+F serums. 
  • Sulwhasoo First Care Serum: I used this for the first time this morning and had to make a post about it. Love the herbal scent, love how quick it sinks into your skin, love the luxurious packaging. I'm so down to spurge on this if it works. 

No comments: