20 November 2016

graupels

Is this the light at the end of the tunnel that's up ahead? Aka I'm finished(ish) my thesis draft!!
...but only ish since I can't come up with a satisfactory explanation for why my discomfort hours are so.

Anyways, this weekend has been a lot of firsts:
  • First snow
  • First YNCN townhall of this year
  • First pot of roast meat

It turned out really well, especially it was my first time trying to cook it in the oven instead of on the stovetop. My new parameters are to bring it to a boil on stove, and then 2 hours in a 375˚F oven. Another change this time was browning the meat in giant slices and then cutting it to optimize the flavour from browned bits but also prevent too much surface area from drying out. Thank you Serious Eats for all the knowledge, can't wait for Kenji's vegetarian cookbook to come out. 

No comments: