08 April 2014

Generation A

aka I'd totally take a Solon right now. Or just keep reading my books.


I picked it up because the cover is pretty and there's a Vonnegut quotation on the inside cover. T'was a good and interesting read, though I expected a more dramatic ending than he was trying to eat your brains (spoiler). The whole first half was building up something epic, than it suddenly shift gears...and then that ending. To be fair it's a story about the importance of story telling, which I think the structure and plot achieves well. Also amazed at how many current cultural references are in there.

A quotation by my favourite narrator, Harj (Dianna is probably 2nd favourite):
And then what do you do - do you pray? What is prayer but a wish for the events in your life to string together to form a story -  something that makes some sense of events you know have meaning.
And so I pray.

No comments: