10 March 2014

meltwater

It's finally getting warmer, hurray!

To follow up to a previous post about feeling lost, I think that every year at around the dawn of spring I end up asking myself two question:
  1. Am I suited to be a keener?
  2. Do I want to be keen?
The answer to (1) seems to flip between yes and no depending on motivation level, though my inherent laziness tugs it towards no. The answer to (2) I haven't been able to figure out, though I've arrived at a satisfactory intermittent for now. Going to stop aiming for top 3 rank, since it's clearly making me miserable and I wasn't even that happy being first (it was more of a "oh, yay. okay moving on").
New standards are minimally above class average, practically try to keep a 4.0, and ideally a single digit rank. Efforts shall be diverted to extracurriculars (YNCN is going to be a sink of energy, but I think it's worthwhile) and exploring non-academic/professionally related things. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: