17 January 2014

nougat

School isn't particularly busy yet (and if we were to compare to first semester, this is right down chill atm), but still feeling lethargic when I get back. Browsing the internet just adds to the sluggish feeling too. This is my excuse for not posting.

What still is exciting is food! Gots to indulge in post-holiday chocolates (there's currently a vast quantity in the house) and cold weather food before summer comes along. Who am I kidding there's still such a long time until then. Can't wait until the weather is pleasant enough to leisurely stroll outside and visit all the shops in Kensington that I didn't have a chance to last time. Also eagerly anticipating the warm weather so I can grow my own herb garden.

Also want to grow kale. I discovered this delicious vegetable last year, and haven't had it again until now. It's sad when grocery stores don't put much produce on sale, so I bought a lot when kale was finally discounted. Roasted them along with carrots, sweet potatoes, and granola (fully loading the oven since it uses so much electricity) for a week worth's of lunch and breakfast. I had much trouble fitting it into the baking pan:

Also haven't been to Cora's until this week despite living right next to it. Incidentally I missed free pancakes at school (they advertised the wrong location...) so had to make it up:
The picture does no justice to how big the portion is. There are four 20cm diameter pancakes. Needless to say I am reminded that I don't go to Cora often because I can never finish the portions.

No comments: