23 January 2014

flash

Okay laptop is now working again. Did my software updates after restore and found out that my particular mid-2012 macbook air is one of the affected by the flash drive problem. Back to Apple store I go, curse Eatons for been booked solid for at least half a week in advance.

Although this incident and my continuous struggle with my iPhone (sight the good old days where I never had a problem with Apple products) made me less dependent on these devices. Normally I would be in great pain without my laptop or phone, and would download the latest apps/whatever had good reviews (the power of public opinion, a la vanderburg). Having to constantly wipe my phone made me declutter all my mobile apps (with ~3 folder worth of games I no longer play), and I was actually slightly looking forward to having a fresh install on my laptop (nah I chickened out and restored my back-up, but in my defense I need it working with full capacity for UTEK on Sat). The resulting abundance of free time was happily spent sleeping & cooking.

...
...
...

In other news since I had to trek up to Fairview, it made sense to drop by home and pick up some stuff. The stuff is mainly my suitcase, which I instinctively thought to bring since I'm going to go to New York. After grabbing it and while waiting for the subway to arrive, it suddenly dawned upon me that no, I did not need the suitcase since I was bringing a smaller carry-on. Oh opps, sigh.

Least I also picked up my bag that arrived a couple days ago:

Perfect capacity to hold water bottle & camera & perfectly shaped and unadorned.
First grown-up bag. Next target is the Bayswater (probably for when I get my license ah ha...).




No comments: