01 November 2013

mirin

Had a chill lecture so I went through camera roll. Here's some food pics that I never posted.

 Cookie and cream cupcake from Wafflian. Surprised at the bad reviews, this was a pretty good cupcake. A tad sweet (though my tolerance is pretty low), but good texture and good cake to frosting ratio.

 Spinach and ham quiche from Helena's Magical Kitchen, aka the place that I pilgrim to for shepherd's pie. Their quiches are equally yummy (flaky crust so good), the portion above is just the right size to fill me up.

 Oyako don, comfort food at it's finest. The pickles really compliment the dish well. This particular one is from a newly opened Japanese restaurant near Yonge&Wellesley.

Banh Mi Boys lunch with mom, we were a tad greedy. From front to back, grilled pork banh mi, pulled pork banh mi, and fried chicken bao. Pulled pork tasted the best out of the meat options, though everything was good. Particularly love the slightly pickled carrots with the cilantro.

...
...
...

Bonus content: just discovered random pumpkins tucked away in various places on campus.


2 comments:

Gil said...

I love bahn mi and that oyako Don looks amazing!

Weej said...

I'm on a quest to make oyakodon at home.