13 August 2013

model s

Elon Musk
Why did I only hear of him yesterday? He is freakin amazing. His projects (Telsa, SpaceX, SolarCity, Hyperloop) are an engineer's dream come true.

Interesting tidbits from the article:
  • He's the inspiration for Tony Stark.
  • His inspiration comes from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: "It taught me that the tough thing is figuring out what questions to ask, but that once you do that, the rest is really easy". Honestly I think he's cool just based on this. 
  • Degrees in econ and physics. Now wishing I had done this xD (nah happy with civ, all 33hrs of it next semester :'D)
  • While at school, he financed his tuition by throwing parties (David get on this).
  • Hired Apple's retail strategist to oversee Tesla's retail stores, now I have to visit the one in Yorkdale.
  • He's friends with Olivia Wilde!
  • For SpaceX, the engines are called Merlin and capsules dragon.

No comments: