12 August 2013

fall 13 revisited

I'm not sure whether it was good or bad luck that so many things I wanted/planned to buy went on sale at the same time.

On one hand, I could have saved a lot of money. Note that the keyword here is "could". Already spent a lot of money on UK trip, so I was reluctant to make any purchases, therefore not taking advantage of the sales and not getting what I wanted.

Updates on the list I made before:
Will purchase for fall:
  • Khaki trench coat, replaced with Barbour coat
  • Black, plain, leather loafers, was on sale but skipped
  • Grey crewneck sweater, perhaps cashmere (but that's so high maintenance..) bought 
  • Conference dress, was on sale but they ran out of my size and would be final sale & never tried on in stores
Nice to have/if they go on sale:
  • Flat ankle boots, found super expensive versions so didn't buy (1, 2, 3)
  • Nude pumps, not necessary for current lifestyle aka walking to school
  • Stripped top, have not found
  • Pencil skirt with some interesting feature not necessary for current lifestyle
  • Shawl collar cardigan  bought
  • Pretty much everything on my etsy wishlist ahahaa ;_; will go bankrupt if I buy
 So far so good, made all the expensive purchases (sigh August credit card bill...) so not much shopping left to do. A few additions though:
  • Both my tote and wallet are close to being worn out, so those will need to be replaced. Currently thinking of the Baggu leather tote and Teranishi hollis minimalist wallet. Came across a Baggu leather pouch at Bath and the leather seemed very soft *u* Tempted to pick one up as well (and their classic baggu, so many pretty patterns!). 
  • I think I've found some near perfect nude pumps! Shown here is Salvatore Ferragamo Vara Low Pumps in Tan, but they're gorgeous in a nude patent as well. But not about to drop $400 on shoes, so will need to look for alternatives. 
  • Zara, my gosh, makes such pretty outerwear! Super in love with the green jacket on the right, the colour and fabric perfectly juxtaposes against the moto style. If only I didn't have too many jackets already :( The actual leather jacket is more questionable, but if I'm content with the quality of Danier, Zara's leathers should be fine too. Definitely not purchasing in the near future, as I already have two, and really what I want is either one of these two (1, 2).
  • Not pictured since I totally forgot and is not quite a fall item: Everlane's Ryan tee in grey. Will get this, just a matter of when.
So in reality, the only 3 items that are to be bought are the tote, wallet and tee. And maaaaaybe I might ask for the green Zara jacket as a present, all my common sense is telling me I don't need another jacket though.

(The reason why I made such a long post is that I'm desperately procrastinating on reading the 9 paper I downloaded as research for my ISS essay on green roofs. That and I've been spending too much time on /r/femalefashionadvice)

No comments: