19 August 2013

compost

Because of / inspired by finally finding the roof top garden at UT, I decided to finally start watching UC Berkley's series of online lectures titled "Edible Education". It's hosted by Michael Pollan, whose book is what actually got me interested in problems with our current food system (that was ages ago, kind of embarrassing bringing back old posts, but I read them for laughs all the time)

Anyways, each lecture is rather length (90mins), so I'm slowly making my through them. Current favourite is definitely "On the Farm", the lecturer has an awesome sense of humor haha. Most educational is the "Farm Bill", which talks about the political side of sustainable agriculture.

Also been reading various books on urban agriculture (Locavore, City Farmer and a bunch of more instructional books). Feeling proud as I flip through the pages while munching on cherry tomatoes from my balcony haha. Gosh I feel like those obsessive pet owners who want to show off their pet at every possible occasion, except this is me with tomatoes, can't emphasis enough how much better they taste.

No comments: