15 May 2013

proving grounds

Started playing Bastion today, the graphics are so beautiful ;_; Trine is like...glowy pretty, whereas Bastion's art more stylistic. So happy I got the bonus artbook with the humble bundle deal :D

I don't have the best gameplay screenshots, so head over to the official site to ogle them. But the still scenes:

The plushie is so adorable, makes me want one in real life too *u*

Otherwise, still trying to map out a good control system. Was really happy when I could use my ps3 controller (moving with joystick is soooo much more accurate and responsive than wasd), but it makes the screen glitchy and somehow I couldn't heal. Gonna try to make it more mmo like with mouse for moving and keypad for attacks. Though that could mess up aiming with ranged weapons...

Speaking of weapons, I like how there's a variety of them to play with. Currently using the war machete/breaker's bow. Also the power up & upgrade system is nice too.

Overall quite liking it (y) the narrating voice ftw.

...
...
...

Also went to see Ironman 3 yesterday with friends. T'was good, actions scenes were really over the top haha. Chatting with them at McD's afterwards is always nice. I should really catch up with them more xD

No comments: