So happy that the humble bundle came with artwork and ost.
Overall I loved the game!
- Plot: story was good, but the delivery of the content through narration is unique and engaging. I smash pretty much everything on the map for addition fragments, so I hear a lot of "The Kid is going on rampage" haha.
- Art: it's gorgeous amirite? the colourful palette is a contrast to the rather stark plot of the game.
- Music: awesome as well. The BGM for field and memory maps are useful for telling when monsters are spawning, which makes sniping them much easier.
- Gameplay: not entirely button mashing, as evade and defend is quite useful. In fact during late game I can kill things by just countering with shield. Certain monsters the only way to defeat them is to constantly evade.
- Weapons: there's quite a variety but some are definitely more useful than others. Together with the different spirits (passive bonus) and upgrades (unique to each weapon), the game accommodates for a lot of play styles. For a while I played double ranged and that was quite OP, especially with knockback haha.
- Proving Grounds (weapon specific challenges): so frustrating at times, but I found it worthwhile to get first place in all of them. After tens of tries, you get reeeeally good at using the weapon haha.
- Who Knows Where (defeat waves of enemies): where you practice sniping, evading and defending. Also good for farming fragments (money) and feeling OP.