23 December 2012

flashback 02

Stuck between finals and moving out is 2 precious days of spending every possible moment with friends before we all depart for back home.

First is time spent with highschool friends.
Ryan, Austin, Alex and David came for a quick visit consisting of ramen and pool. Nothing (except hotpot) beats a nice big bowl of steaming soup noodles in the winter, especially after waiting for half an hour outside the shop in the cold. I'm shocked at how Sansotei is *still* full every lunch and dinner time. Pool was so jokes, we're simultaneously really good and bad at it lol. David missed the first break completely, but able to get a lot of balls in by luck when he just hits really hard.

The evening, night, and next morning was spent playing countless rounds of sgs. It's pretty much the default activity for the chestnut friends. Not studying? sgs! Finished dinner? sgs! It's 4am? Let's play a few more rounds. We've managed to teach a friend who spoke not a single word of Chinese (now he can say 杀 quite well) to be rather good at this game . In fact I think he's won more rounds than any one of us.

On Saturday, the ones that are still remaining in Toronto came over for some karaoke and hotpot. Trekked (or rather subwayed since they got a daypass :D) up to Finch for good ol' $5 happy hour karaoke (aka the cheapest karaoke Dave's ever sung). Took a while to remember how to work the remote since I've actually never gone without a Korean speaking friend (Helen or Grace). Their selection of Chinese songs were quite limited but they had Oasis so it was all good. Hotpot was great, what more can I ask for other than good food and good company? Gonna miss having meals with chestnut people, it's always filled with laughs no matter how badly the day went.

Coming home has always been a mix of feelings. On one hand I miss my mom, comforts of home (aka wifi eveyrwhere, and good food) and old friends; but on the other I also miss my hanging out with new friends. It's actually kind of crazy how close I feel to them after just a semester, though to be fair I'm with them almost literally 24/7. Guess that's how Shad worked too (can't wait to see you guys on the 30th :D)

I should really just sit here and appreciate how awesome all my friends are. Love you guys soooo soooooo soooooooooo much.

and thank you guys for the belated birthday gift T_T It's amazing!

I correctly guessed about 90% of who drew/wrote what :D

No comments: