15 August 2012

pantry

I was under the impression that I enjoyed cooking. I still find the task enjoyable (minus the clean up afterwards), but my laziness overpowers any initiative to cook anything beyond the very basic dishes.
(on second thought, most of my interests fall under this category. Perfect word for this is velleity).

Case and point:


2 meals from pretty much the same ingredients. With the exception of the seasoning and type of noodle, both is made with tomatoes, spinach, and eggs.

They're my staple ingredients for whenever I need to cook for myself haha. Eggs can be cooked a million different ways, spinach is a really simple vegetable to prepare and can be added to almost everything, and tomato can be sprinkled with sugar and eaten as dessert. Though supermarket ones really suck, they're hard and flavourless e_e" Can't wait for the day when I can splurge on fresh farmer's market ones.

On a related note, I'd be rather content with having dark chocolate as the only dessert/snack for the rest of my life. The slight bitterness make it easy to eat one too many squares at a time. Really should have bought more Meiji chocolate in China.

...whatever shall I do when I move out second year "orz

...
...
...

On an unrelated note, I finally watched Annie Hall.

Although 500 Days of Summer is based on it, I find the they have very different vibes. 500 Days is more centered on Tom and his perspective of the relationship, while Annie Hall is both Alvy and Annie's story. Annie also has more of a legitimate reason to be dissatisfied with her relationship than Summer. Lastly, the characters in Annie Hall feels more mature (technically they are older) than their 500 Days counterpart. Alvy acknowledges his problems but just refuses to change (not the best example of mature), whereas Tom feels like he's just waking up to the reality.


annnnnd Alvy's apartment has really awesoem decor. Love the lamp, the carpet, and how the bed is not pushed up against a wall *u*

No comments: