05 July 2012

Cowboy Bebop

 
(Kevin, you are forever cool for signing off with that line in my yearbook)

T_____T
Bebop is amazing, I love it just as much as I love Honey & Clover. (No competition between the two since their genres are completely different.) I put off watching the last 2 episodes for weeks because it would be way too awkward to sob at my laptop screen when parents were home.

It's soundtrack is amazing. In fact I'll be using those tracks as filler posts for when I'm in China. The OP sequence is legendary, in the words of another tumblr user: "I can't take top-opening-songs lists seriously if they don't include Bebop". I also really like the ED sequence, found it to be very similar to Black Blood Brothers. Shipping Spike x Julia since ep 1 ED ;D

It's characters are amazing. SPIKE IS SO COOL. He ranks in tier 1 along with Iacrus (ares), and Sanzo (saiyuki). The other members are fleshed out as well, with at least 2 episodes dedicated to their back stories. I couldn't really relate to Ed's, but both Jet's and Faye's were great. The video of little Faye was especially touching.

It's plot is amazing. Like H&C, it possesses a great balances of the drama with comedic relief. There's a lot of running jokes that, along with the overarching backstory of each character's past, ties each episode's story together. Individually, each episodes' story is also interesting (sometimes outrageous and sometimes existential (I ended up using quite a few of Bebop's lines in my english summative ;D)) But above all, the ending is spectacular! Everything is neatly wrapped up and oh my gosh Spike's last scene:


All the feels e_____e"

I still have the movie left to watch, maybe after I calm down some more.

No comments: