31 January 2012

brogue

Replacement oxfords arrived today! ;D
Waait, are they legitimate oxfords? I'm under the impression that leather shoes with decorative detailing are brogues? @_@ Durr haven't learned much despite all the menswere blog I follow (help me out here Gil ;P)



I recall posting about my previous pair, but failed to find it @_@" They were sooooo comfy, like wearing socks haha. But alas the heel is completely worn out. My goal to take care of shoes isn't going so well, my mom comments every chance she gets about my notoriously short footware turnover period.  Let's see how long these last eh?


2 comments:

Gil said...

hey, nice shoes.

Brogues is a subcategory of Oxford.

There's two kinds of dress shoes: oxfords and blutchers.

Blutchers have like.. overlapping pieces of leather where the laces go. Oxfords are like the ones you posted. They have a flat seam.. and also the laces pull the two "halves" almost completely together.

Brogues are a type of oxford or blutchers that have holes =).

Weej said...

I learn something new everyday :]