02 January 2012

2012 goals

Cause New Years resolutions like exercising more and being a better person (not that I wouldn't want to do both) are too vague and are never accomplished anyways.

1. 95% scholarship average. 
This is going to be a tough battle "orz Gonna have to keep math and English up (log test, adv func exam, english exam, death over hamlet essay etc), while stop being stupid in sciences. It is entirely possible to get 100% on every physics test and can at least aim for 95%+ on chem tests. And then there's calc...

2. Early (pre-april) acceptance.
Slightly difficult as engineering admission would want to see my calc midterm mark. All that can be done is done, focus efforts on goal one.

3. Have a beautiful place to live in for uni. 
Gonna be exciting living on my own for the first time :] Though the excitement will likely be displaced by complaints of doing my own cleaning in a month. Nonetheless, looking forward to DECORATING *u* Gonna hang photos on strings, prints from accumulated dA favourites, lantern lights, have way too many jars etc etc. Too much inspiration from tumblr haha.

Also edit closet and general belongings. Less stuff I have less stuff I have to clean >D

4. Figure out an adaptable plan for uni. 
Yeah I realize that my identity is very much built around academics right now xD So far I'm progressing nicely on this, already gone through the civil eng department's course list and planned out my summers:
  • gr 12: determine which extracurriculars to participate in (aiming for some sort of position in EngSoc, perhaps class rep?), textbooks, explore the area.
  • year 1: take extra courses, or in case that I don't have the prereqs, internship. I could always take misc interesting courses (prob some language courses? or ancient chinese lit LOL) if I can't take minor requirements.
  • year 2: internship or extra courses if I didn't get the chance in year 1. I figure that I'm more likely to land a position if I have more knowledge, especially since 7/8 first year courses are general ones.
  • year 3: likely going to be my PEY year, so prep for that. Otherwise a summer exchange will be amazing. Really want to go to Kyoto haha. 
  • year 4: TRAVEL! Blow all the money made from PEY haha. Europe or Asia, yet to decide. 
  • year 5: graduate and job search "orz 
 5. Deliver on projects
Not really a goal but a must do xD FullCredits is slowly being put together. Should start thinking about personal domain. Also should update resume, almost forgot about a lot of involvements for supp apps.

6.  And somehow fit in hobbies
Last but certainly not least (oh the cliche), read more, draw more, game more. Debating whether to start attacking the self compiled reading list or some classics, should set a goal of hmm, a book a month?
From the top of my head (and telegraph.uk):
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams: shame that I haven't read this.
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez: I considered taking PoCo just so I can't procrastinate on reading this.
  • Something by Kafka, recommended by English teacher. Considering Metamorphosis. 
  • Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy: bought this ages ago, should start on it. 
  • Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
  • Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
  • Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
  • Light in August - William Faulkner
  • 1Q84 - Haruki Murakami: gotta see what all the hype is about.

1 comment:

Rui said...

Intense planning you've done there :) I look forward to visiting your dormm keke.